Monday, August 18, 2008

Birthday, Vacay, and Hootie - YAY!

VACAY - PART I - SUNSET BEACH, NC

In celebration of turning a year older, Michael and I had a fun filled week of "Working Vacation" last week. And seriously, we did work. We went down to Sunset Beach, NC to dog-sit for Michael's mom, Michael called on some accounts in Brunswick County, and I worked and sat my fat self on the beach most afternoons! What a GREAT time!
Ashley and Allycen came down from Wilmington one night to celebrate and we had a really yummy Mexican dinner.
Las Palmeras just so happened to have live entertainment, and contrary to these pics, we WERE NOT the entertainment!

The guys at the restaurant kept calling us Pancetas and dying laughing. What might you ask is a Panceta? We were a little nervous that it wasn't a flattering adjective, and well, I looked it up on the online Spanish dictionary and it loosely translates to bacon. Allycen, I'm not thinking they thought we were as funny as we thought we were. Pancheta my a$*.

Okay, so after the revelry at Las Palmeras, we checked out another Brunswick County Staple. Nesbitts Jackass Saloon. We had been there before with Stephen and Lisa, and Michael bought tank tops for Lisa and me that say "It's all about the a*$!" So we knew we had to take Allycen and Ashley there.

BEER - YUM!

Nothing like a Mason Jar of Budweiser for your b-day! Seriously, they serve beer out of frosty mugs, er.. jars! I'm so thinking that Brunswick County could give Burke County a run for its money in the Redneck category.







Thanks Ally and Ash for coming down! It's always so awesome to see you guys and get some great laughs in!

Can't wait for Sept. 6 when ECU takes on WVU - We'll see ya'll in G-VEGAS!



VACAY - PART II - CHARLESTON!!

We wrapped up the last couple of days of vacay by heading down to Charleston with Leigh and Josh! Leigh had gotten us tickets to see Hootie and the Blowfish - and yes, Hootie was as much fun as they always were! We were all surprised at the young following they've got! I thought it would be lots of 30-somethings that still think they are 20-somethings like us, but NO! Tons and tons of college age kids there! It almost brought a tear to my eye!


With the upcoming release of his solo CD - Darius is totally rocking the country vibe and was sporting his cowboy hat and cowboy boots! Check out his new video here. http://new.music.yahoo.com/videos/DariusRucker/Dont-Think-I-Dont-Think-About-It--184510648


Nice work, Hootie - You guys still know how to bring it! WE HAD A BLAST!!


After waking up to a hangover on Saturday, we tried to run it off and rally for Saturday night. the boys golfed and Leigh and I checked out all the local boutiques and some of the stores we had no business setting foot in. Case in point - GUCCI. Michael told me that I could get a nice purse for my b-day. Michael - you are a lucky man to be married to such a sensible girl.





Even though I covet this bad boy, I put it right back down on the shelf. Whoa, nellie. $1600 for a purse? That's crazy talk! I'll continue to rock my Target special!

So, after buying nothing, we went back to the hotel and got ready for dinner. We went to an awesome restaurant named COAST. Charleston is freaking awesome, and has the restaurant scene to prove it! http://www.coastbarandgrill.com/


Thanks Leigh and Josh for such a GREAT, GREAT weekend! Can't wait to see ya'll next week for Kenny Chesney!

WHOOT WHOOT!!







No comments: