Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy V-D!

Yeah, That's Valentine's Day! Valentines was pretty laid back for us this year, but a great holiday nonetheless. I remember back a few years ago when Valentine's was like the biggest deal for Michael and me - we treated each other to weekend getaways, spa treatments, exceptional dinners at fancy restaurants, etc. BOY - how times have changed! Not that it's not a big deal, but I kinda feel like we treat each other to great things throughout the year, so there's not a huge focus on this one day anymore.

Oh, well, it was still a pretty awesome day. Especially since it fell on a Saturday, which meant we could wake up whenever we wanted (ahem, as late as Miss Maggie would let us sleep, that is... so, I think we were up around 7:30), go get our gym on, and pretty much stay in our workout clothes for the biggest part of the day!

The chef of the house fixed a special Valentine breakfast of heart shaped pancakes! Dude, I really, really, really love my husband. Who else makes heart shaped pancakes??!



Then I took off for the laundromat to wash all of our comforters and pillows. Now that, my friend, is a blog post all on its own. Have any of you been to a laundromat in the last decade? It is freaking BRUTAL! But anyway, that's for another post. I'm still trying to process the visual stimulation I was treated to while spending 2 hours at the local laundromat!

We had made plans to take Bryce to paint pottery on Saturday afternoon, so we picked him up and headed over to Clay Funk in Wake Forest. This has got to be one of the most fun activities for kids and adults! We had a blast! Here we are, working on our Masterpieces.


I think his parents took pity on our lame V-day plans and asked us to have dinner with them. I'm so glad they did, because Pat made an awesome, awesome dinner of snapper piccatta, pasta, and mixed veggies. It was a great dinner, and I'm serious when I say that it was better than what we would have gotten at any restaurant around town! He even made fresh pesto for the pasta! Mad props to you, Pat, mad, mad props!
Bryce was super pumped that we were there for dinner!


Dinner with the Polsons also meant that we got to spend time with Bryce and his baby sister, Trinity. (Yep- she's the one that I made wear the diaper backwards all day the last time I babysat.) She doesn't seem too traumatized by my lack of parenting skills - she still lets me hold her and bounce her all around!
It's really clear that Michael is her favorite. Babies absolutely love him! I'm not sure what it is, but babies love for him to hold them and it is absolutely precious!

We absolutely love these two little ones. If the Polsons ever wake up to find their babies missing, it'll be pretty clear that I've got them over at my house. Such cute, cute kids and soooo well behaved! I only hope that Michael and I can be that lucky one day!

1 comment:

MrsBlueberry said...

Awww heart shaped pancakes...so sweet! And that bow on that baby girl's head. I almost can't handle the cuteness!